Friday 13 December 2013

PHOTOGRAPHY


Project Three
Stills and Movement

For this project we were asked to look into still images and putting them into a video as a sequence, narrative or other. When using more than one image in a sequence, it becomes a narrative. It can be traditional story telling or and abstract approach.


THOMAS DEMAND




Artist Bio:-
Thomas Demand is a German sculptor and photographer. He has been the subject of one-person exhibitions at the Musuem of Modern Art, New York and the Neue Nationalgalerie, Berlin and he has represented Germany at the Venice Biennale and the Bienal de Sao Paulo. Demand lives and works in Berlin. 


JAMES COLEMAN


image
Seeing for Oneself (1987-8), film still
Artist Bio:-
James Coleman is an Irish installation and video artist associated with slide-tape works: sequences of still images fading one into the other with synchronized sound. Often, social situations are depicted with a precision which, paradoxically, creates a narrative ambiguity. 


AN INSTAGRAM SHORT FILM




Whilst doing some research, I came across this video by someone called Thomas Jullien that I found interesting. Instagram is a Photo sharing social networking app. Its an incredible source for all kinds of pictures. He states that he wanted to create structure out of chaos. The result is s crowd source short-film that shows the endless possibilities of social media. The video consists of 852 different images, from 852 different Instagram users. I love the idea and the concept behind this video.

MY WORK



I decided to use the sequence images I had from my previous project as I had a total of 96 frames which I thought was enough. Firstly I thought I would create an GIF image to show the narrative of my images rather than a video. I did this because I find it a much more simpler way of showing my images as they are, without any edits or transitions at the moment. I will continue to work on these images and eventually create a video from them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment